Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Time Wasters

First off, I don't believe that anything is a "waste" of time. Most likely there will be value for it somewhere down the road. I stumbled across a web tool called StumbleUpon. The premise is pretty simple: enter your interests and click "Stumble!" to start finding webpages on topics of interest to you.

I didn't really believe in it, but it introduced me to a new kind of gardening for apartment dwellers "Window Farming." The page was not just a wiki or blog either. It was an actual news story from NPR. Hmmm...  It tends to bring up more kitischy pages that might otherwise go unnoticed. Pretty interesting no?

You can also add pages to StumbleUpon's Directory. To do this:
  1. Open an account.
  2. Click on the Favorites Tab.
  3. Click on "Add a Site"
  4. I have yet to see the effect of this service, but it may prove useful for the other blogs I am planning. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment